How It Is Made?
The Super MAX Anchor is manufactured at Buzzard Point Marina, Reedville, Virginia, 22539.
The manufacturing process involves:
- The purchase of the highest quality of steel available in medium and high tensile strength. We are extremely particular about where our steel is manufactured. Our steel quality and demand for excellence cost more but steel quality is a non-negotiable for our anchors.
- Steel is shipped to our facility in 4×8 sheets from 3/16″ to 5/8″ thickness and in 20′ steel straps in various sizes. Some steel is shipped, already cut into the shanks and various other parts of the anchor.
- Cut the remaining anchor parts from the raw steel. The flukes are formed in a uniquely designed press creating the patented concave shape.
- Grind the edges, assemble the parts, and layered welding of the components. The precise drilling of holes.
- Inspection of each component throughout the process and at the completion of manufacturing.
- Hot dipped galvanizing for long lasting protection.
Each anchor is individually manufactured under careful quality control. We invite you to stop by Buzzard Point Marina and see how the Super MAX anchor, the boldest holding anchor, is manufactured.